Moments in Woods founded in 2019 with the vision of improving the mental and physical well-being of Hong Kong people. We look forward to collaborating with companies and NGOs, inviting all walks of life to slow down and embrace the healing power of nature.
Over the last decades, the benefits of forest bathing have been scientifically found. These include:
- reducing stress levels
- regulating pulse rate
- lowering blood pressure
- elevating mood
- strengthening body immune system
Features of Forest Bathing include:
- a guided experience with carefully designed structure, while encouraging creative interaction with nature;
- a slow, sensory and immersive process in natural;
- a trained guide can effectively and professionally facilitate the sensorial experience in nature;
- accessible to all in terms of age, ethnicity and health condition;
- participants will be able to strengthen their relationships with other people and nature;
- effective tool for team-building and team retreats.
[A response to Public Health Crisis and Global Warming]
The creation of forest bathing is a response to a global public health crisis as a result of increases in anxiety and stress-related illness, attributed to increased urbanisation and working long overtime hours.
It is also a response to global warming. It aims to rebuild people’s love for nature, hoping that people will treat nature as a companion, instead of solely a resource.
[Nature Connectedness and Social Cohesion]
Forest bathing promotes positive mental health states and enhances physical and social health by enhancing nature connectedness, interpersonal relationships and social cohesion. In actual practices, numerous people have rejuvenated and nurtured a love of nature through forest bathing walks.
Leveraging the beautiful nature in Hong Kong, forest bathing is an easy way to improve the wellbeing of every Hong Kong citizen. We envision forest bathing can be adopted in the public health system one day and offered as a non-clinical intervention at community clinics, building a more inclusive and accessible public health system for all.
現時或曾經參與之創業培育計劃 ｜ INCUBATION PROGRAMME:
Resolve Fellowship Programme (2022)
曝光機會 Visibility and Exposure