馮樹仁（05研究院工商管理） / 公共衞生及基層醫療學院講師
- New class of product measuring body fluid and electrolyte status and cardiovascular parameters continously
- Non-invasive wearable device with innovative ultra-wide band radar and quantum photo dynamics that is patent pending and cost efficient
- AI algorithm giving real time reommendations to fluid and salt replacement and warning of cardiac exertion during sports and outdoor work
- Large market size of fitness trackers: USD36.34 billion in 200, growing at CAGR of 15.4% (Fortune Business Insight 2021)
- Additional social impact of a mobile device enabling sports research in the filed and ahteletic enhancement that is cheaper and more sustainable than laboratory equipments
- Project excuted by team of engineer, doctor and marketing consultant who has a track record in entrepreneurship and all being sports people with clear insight in this field
In challenging physical activities, two types of problems commonly occur: 1. dehydration with fluid and electrolyte imbalance, and 2. cardiac exhaustion.
Literature had shown that dehydration equivalent to a 1-2% reduction in body weight would impair sports performance even if there are no overt signs of problem. Research, including our own, has also shown that people tend to under-estimate their water loss. As to electrolyte (salt) loss, it is anybody’s guess. Dehydration and/or fluid and electrolyte imbalance can lead to nausea, cramps, dizziness, fatigue, etc. However, these signs are not specific to water and salt loss and, when they occur, people do not know the exact reason and how to rectify the problem.
Apart from sports impairment, such problem can lead to heat exhaustion and exacerbates the strain on the heart exerted by sports effort. Even without fluid and electrolyte issues, some people unknowingly exert themselves too much to the degree of a heart attack. This explains the sudden deaths we hear of hikers, and even experienced sportsman had died during sports when they lack cardiac monitoring.
Currently, there is no device on the market that can effectively and adequately address these problems during sports. Not even with available smartwatches and wearables.
Our product has the potential to satisfy unmet needs of people engaging in challenging physical activities that leads to diminished performance and even danger.
Essentially, our system can continuously advise on the variable amount and relative proportion of water and salt that has been lost and need to be replaced, to maintain optimal physiology all the time. Furthermore, in staged activities, we can predict how much should be carried to meet these needs. This will help to prevent different types of dehydration and heat exhaustion.
Equally important, our system aims to warn people when their heart shows sign of critical strain, alerting them to stop and seek medical attention, preventing heart attacks and sudden deaths.
現時或曾經參與之創業培育計劃 ｜ INCUBATION PROGRAMME:
CityU HK Tech 300 Seed Fund 2022
HKSTP IDEATION Programme 2022
產品回饋 Product Feedback
曝光機會 Visibility and Exposure