The poor in vitro fertilisation (IVF) outcomes faced by women with limited usable eggs (oocytes) has been a huge challenge. We developed a novel cell-based treatment to rescue the discard oocytes in the conventional IVF procedure known as EggBoost, which is facilitated by a patented lab-on-a-chip device. The technology increases IVF success rate through and quantitative and qualitative improvements on oocytes, thus easing the financial and emotional stress of IVF customers.
發展階段｜STAGE OF DEVELOPMENT
Ready to launch
- Produce more usable oocytes for women struggling with limited oocytes in IVF procedure
- The lab-on-a-chip platform allows cell trapping structures in a low volume culture chamber
- Non-invasive and autologous (no genetic material transfer)
- No use of viral or physical vectors reducing chances of oocyte damage
如何解決市場痛點｜RESPONSE TO MARKET PAIN POINTS
Over 90% of women seeking help from assisted reproductive technologies (ARTs) are of Advanced Maternal Age (AMA) 35 years or above. At this stage oxidative stress in oocytes decreases the cellular energy functions, impeding the maturation process required before fertilisation and increasing adverse pregnancy outcomes. We have shown that oocytes can be rescued through a natural transfer of an energy-producing organelle through a tiny chip device. Further, plans to implement machined automation will reduce human error and involvement. The ability of our technology to target both oocyte maturation rate and quality desirably tackle key pain points in the IVF market.
- 資金 Funding
- 創業夥伴 Partners
- 曝光機會 Visibility and Exposure