nCloud is a software-defined network-coding-based cloud storage system that supports geo-distributed cloud data center storage with storage savings, performance, fault tolerance, security, scalability, and configurability in mind.
發展階段｜STAGE OF DEVELOPMENT
- nCloud adapts the network coding theory to specifically optimize major performance-critical storage operations and enhance data storage security by distributing data among multiple data centers, thereby lowering operating costs and streamlining access.
- Its novelty is to address the hierarchical nature of geo-distributed cloud data centers, such that it first computes partially encoded results from the data stored in each local data center, followed by aggregating the partial encoded results across multiple data centers to obtain the final encoded data.
- Our earlier study shows that such a hierarchical design can theoretically minimize the cross-region bandwidth with minimum storage redundancy and be practically implemented in real-world geo-distributed environments.
- In addition, the distribution of encoded data across multiple data centers provides fundamental security protection for data storage against malicious attacks on any single data center.
- We envision that our project findings will benefit the big data storage industry in general.
如何解決市場痛點｜RESPONSE TO MARKET PAIN POINTS
Enterprises increasingly support hyper-scale data storage in production, yet providing performance and reliability guarantees for big data storage remains a non-trivial challenge. We propose a software-defined network-coding-based cloud storage system, called nCloud, that supports geo-distributed cloud data center storage with six design visions in mind: storage savings, performance, fault tolerance, security, scalability, and configurability.
- 曝光機會Visibility and Exposure